Fort Lee, VA Housing and Relocation Information
Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH) gives active service members two options for housing; living on post or finding a home off-post within the community.
- Once you have orders to move, contact The Housing Support Services Office (804) 765-1597 / 1963. They can answer all of your housing questions and provide services such as referrals, resolving tenant-landlord disputes, and guidance for entering lease agreements.
On Post Housing
- Fort Lee on-post housing is privatized and managed by Hunt Military Communities (888) 547-2041. They offer 7 communities with 3-5 bedroom single family homes based on family size and pay grade. Homes may feature washer/dryer hookups, central AC and include all utilities. Community amenities include: playgrounds, pools, fitness center, splash parks and more.
Off Post Housing
Looking to live off-post? Search our database for rentals and homes for sale.
Buy A House
- Click here to contact a local Real Estate Agent
- Click here to view Homes For Sale
- Click here for a list of Preferred Lenders
Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations
Petersburg is a city of 32,400 located directly west of post. Chester, Colonial Heights, and Hopewell are also nearby and each have between 17,000-20,000 residents. These areas are slightly removed suburbs of Richmond which is about 30 minutes north of Fort Lee. An average commute from Petersburg to the fort should be under 15 minutes, with good traffic. The Appomattox River runs through Petersburg and Colonial Heights out to the James River, on which the city of Hopewell is situated. Richmond is the 5th largest city in Virginia and has a wide variety of things to do and see. The cities near Fort Lee are: Hopewell, Prince George, Colonial Heights, Dinwiddie, Chester, Chesterfield, Charles City, Petersburg, and Richmond.
About Fort Lee
Fort Lee is the third largest training installation in the United States Army. It is home to many important training organizations such as the Combined Arms Support Command, the U.S. Army Logistics University, Ordnance School, and the Quartermaster School. Nearly 70,000 soldiers are trained here each year. The fort is located near Petersburg, Virginia. For more information click here.